What to write in a baby shower book is a good question because it is not such a common gift today when we speak about a shower gift, a baby shower book instead of card is although a good baby gift idea. What to write inside is a good question because there is some nice text already when we buy a suitable card, and what concerns messages for baby shower book they should come from your heart, they shall never be formal!
You could use quotes to write in a baby book or you could make your own personal message. Wishes for baby book could be especially cute if the baby you will meet in several months could understand after some period of time (may be, when he or she becomes 2, 3 , 4 or 5, that what you wished was closely connected with his or personality, at least, because you knew his mum at the moment when you were busy with thinking of a suitable baby shower book message.
Evidence shows that the earliest celebrations revolving around pregnancy and childbirth date back to Ancient Egypt, however, rituals typically took place after the mother gave birth. The baby showers we know today began during the baby boom epoch after World War II. The term “shower” came from the practice of “showering” the mother-to-be with gifts and goods that could seem expensive for the parents. Only women attended this event, and the woman who would have to give birth soon had to open gifts at the shower in a central, decorated chair.
Nowadays the etiquette has changed, and both men and women could attend the party, and the guest of honor is the future father. Baby shower games are also popular, for example, “don’t say the word ‘baby’” game and measuring the size of the mother’s belly. It’s extremely pleasant guests could get some prizes! Traditional baby shower presupposes that all the guests would take some nice baby shower favors home which looks as classic as the baby shower really is!
But now many couples would like the people whom them invite to bring some good baby book with a baby book gift inscription or baby gift notes. Then the first question the people to come have is what to write in a baby shower book. It’s a good alternative to a card, but a message to write in the baby book should be really touchy and memorable, still understandable for a child who will listen or read to your book inscription at a certain age.
For the child not to come across your book at the age of 15 checks carefully the list of books suitable for baby showers, and you could easily find out what to write in a baby shower book. Because they often have prompts what child, at least what gender and age, this baby shower book will fit. There are also some templates and guides to follow which will give you detailed instructions on what to write inside a baby book.
Examples of what to write in a baby shower book are various and numerous! But be personal and creative. Parents should never suspect you have just copied some quotes without any personal reference. Nevertheless, there are some good tips in our article as well. And you could follow then without hesitation! Because they are unique!
What to write in baby book may depend on the fact if the family will have a new born boy or girl.
Girls tend to like fairies and fairy tales since early childhood. Some fantastic books will suit as baby shower books. What do you write in a baby book for a shower if it is addressed to a new born girl? Surely, something magic.
What to write in a baby book for a shower if it is addressed to a newborn girl
- Spread the wings and let the fairy inside you fly! We all love you, dear!
- May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with fairies and talk to the moon! That’s a wonderful life you are going to meet!
- Shhh… fairies about… they wish you wonder and joy in your life! Always remember about magic which is everywhere!
- The Goddess is alive and magic is afoot! That’s all true because you are going to be born!
- ‘When I used to read fairy tales, I never thought I would end up in the middle of one’ – said Alice. That is what I wish you – feel your life to be a fairy tale.
- Tip toe please… a new baby is coming… wish her life to be all bed of roses!
What to write to a baby boy in a book? Maybe, some statements like that will suit:
- Wish the best of the best future for the new born baby boy. Sending tons of love to the little prince and congratulations to the new parents! I wish this little new born baby boy to have wonderful dreams all his life!
- Prayers and all the best wishes on the birth of you, baby boy!
- Sweetest boy in the whole world is going to come! Enjoy your day! We are all waiting for you!
- Welcome to the world, little one! All of us are so thrilled and enthusiastic about this event! We greet you, little baby! Here you are to come!
As a matter of fact, there are two options to address book inscriptions for baby showers, maybe, even three: the baby, the parents-to-be, or both. Very often visitors are asked to bring a book instead of a card for baby shower, what to write inside a book for a baby shower is a great issue to consider.
I wish you, a little new baby born, to have wonderful dreams, and let all of your dreams become true!
If you address your message to a mother it could be really cute. For example, you could write baby book inscriptions like that:
- I asked God for happiness, I asked God for love. And one warm summer night Destiny gave you happiness. And now I ask so little. For your newborn baby to laugh!
- What a miracle! You will be born! How long I ‘ve been waiting for you! You ‘ve been waited for nine months! Tired of the difficult path, here you are to come!
A baby shower message from a father-to-be could also be cute, for instance:
- Before coming to light, your heart beating, I hear every night and I ‘m waiting for that moment when I will embrace you, dear baby! And life will seem to be a fairy tale, after all, we will all feel it!
- The baby opens his eyes, will cry, and make me terrified! Whatever, does it matter anyway! He is my son! The best I have a day!
What to write in a book for a baby shower? A short fairy tale or story to show your attitude. Or a long one if you have a fantasy.
The main thing is that a message for a baby book should be deep and meaningful. Would you like to use sayings to write in a baby book? Why not? But it’s only you beginning to start a story you are going to tell. Recall some famous fairy tales to make a new baby born wishes. It could be really exclusive and cute.
One of my friends made a fairy tale of hers when she was asked about what to write in a baby shower book. She was not invited to any baby shower party, but still, her baby shower idea was so creative, at least four acquaintances of mine followed it.
Now listen to her story!
Listen! Once upon a time, there lived a woman who was going to give birth to a baby girl. A few fairies came to give their shower gifts, but, unfortunately, not all of them were decent and good.
Listen! What does a baby need? Almost nothing. But the moment those fairies came the mother of a baby wanted them to provide her all the best in the world! One of the fairies wished a lot of money, another said the newborn girl could make a career.
The next fairy wished the girl to have everything but not at the same time. Does it mean being happy in marriage but having no money? The tiniest fairy came up and asked the mother to leave. She did. When the mother of a newborn baby came back she saw no gifts, only a blank list… you could make a story like that to make your relatives impressed!
It’s easy to write a brief message like the following one:
- Best wishes for your baby girl!
- Here’s a special gift for your new little girl on your baby shower!
- A new baby, a new life, and new beginning!
- Here’s to the happiest day ever coming! Your child is going to be born! Don’t feel sad! Who else except you could give birth to it?
And if you address a baby in your shower book inscription:
- The sweetest part of your life is coming! You are going to be born! Be happy!
- Happy Family we are! Greet you! We always have a story to tell.
- A book, a cuddle, and love. And some sleep, from time to time.
What to write in a book for baby is what you remember from your childhood. Every adult has a book he or she remembers reading as a child. Maybe it was something read to them, perhaps it was a story they loved so much it was read over and over, or there was simply one book that had a message that was personally meaningful. Some messages for the baby book could be just quotations from what adults remember since their early childhood.
- Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think (A.A. Milne)
- And Max, the king of all wild things, was lonely and wanted to be where someone loved him best of all. (M. Sendak)
- I love you right up to the moon – and back (S. McBratney)
- Little boys should never be sent to bed. They always wake up older (J.M. Barrie)
- There’s no place like home (L. Frank Baum).
- Age is foolish and forgetful when it underestimates youth (J.K. Rowling).
- No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted (Aesop’s Fables).
- I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. I know I can (Watty Piper).
Making books a special baby shower gift for both the parent-to-be or a baby to be born is a wonderful idea. Children are never too young to learn that reading and books are the best gifts. Quotes for baby shower books they read could give them a good lesson in the future. Wrapping shower books in colorful paper with funny characters drawn could inspire babies or parents to unwrap them when they get them.
You know, books are the ideal baby shower gifts because they motivate to love reading and learning. They also offer a great way to include something extra to make the book even more fun. Depending upon the subject of the book, there could be wonderful additions to the book that both parents and children would love. In fact, it’s a great idea to present a baby shower book!