This article is to answer potential questions of both who are going to retire and those who are invited to a retirement party and shall think about retirement gift etiquette, gifts, and cards.
What to say in a retirement card?
Retirement well wishes could be difficult to write, especially if your aim is to make it individual, addressing the retiree personally. Some general rules may be followed nevertheless. Exhibit courtesy and politeness. Be sure you do not use any words that may be painful or offensive and you do not touch upon the issues that may be unpleasant for an addressee. Thus, if that person does not like any health remarks, avoid them; some people are prejudiced, so any good luck wishes may annoy them.
Some original form may also make you distinguished among other guests. Imagine the retiree’s surprise when you bring a newspaper containing an article describing contribution, achievements and best features of him or her. If positive feedback of colleagues is given it will knock them off the feet. He or she may also feel special if you prepare something hand-made: a retirement card or note or some funny reference letter which shows how much that person’s contribution is appreciated. Words for retirement phrases are also crucial.
Another essential idea you shall keep in mind is your relationship with the person to be congratulated. Surely, depending on your closeness and confidence, retirement card messages may be different. If you are someone’s boss, then your retirement wishes will be different than if you are the retiree’s granddaughter. For instance, a boss may write: ‘Congratulations on your retirement. It has been a pleasure working with you. I am wishing you a relaxing, fun, and long retirement. Don’t think too much about this place.’ A son or daughter may write: ‘Dad, I am happy for you that you finally get to retire. I hope we can spend more time together.’
To eliminate all fears retirement shall be perceived as a new phase of your life. To my mind, being retired any person acquires lots of new opportunities, for instance, a chance to undertake those activities they have never tried before. Be careful dealing with pensioners) They could make you go hiking, kayaking, fishing or any other ‘directions’. One friend of mine started dancing only at the age of 50. And now I can’t help admiring her when she shows belly dances.
If you have been dreaming about retiring one day and having some rest you will be glad to celebrate that event, invite your family members and colleagues to a retirement party and get some retirement gifts and cards. For your guests to understand how serious this day is and be prepared thoroughly you could make a list of gifts you would like to receive. Or you may rely on your guests’ intuition.
At least, you have been working for years to maintain all those dependent on you and substituted your colleagues in case they were ill or had something urgent to do. Let them now solve the challenge of getting properly prepared for your retirement party. It goes without saying that not only what they write in a retirement card but also their mood and behavior could provide a favorable retirement party atmosphere. What to say in a retirement card may be easily found ready-made. Retiring words are important, but in case a retiree is deeply engaged, you shall choose the best retirement quotes.
The touchier and more inspiring they are, the higher is the chance to make this retirement party more memorable and enjoyable for everybody. Use those retirement party templates if you are not sure what is appropriate for the person you are going to visit. Retirement sayings for cards could be copied free from the Internet.
Retirement wishes for coworker
- We’re going to miss you at work. We will never forget the days being with you!
- We know your retirement days will be truly special if you put as much effort into retirement that you did directing us.
- Congratulations! Not everyone is so skilled and experienced. Have fun and see us sometime.
- I know you wanted more time for fishing, golfing, sleeping, etc. Now you have that time. Enjoy your retirement.
- May the retired life bring you all the relaxation and joy you can handle. Congratulations!
- Your team-work and dedication to your staff are greatly appreciated. We hope you enjoy retired life as much as we enjoyed you working with us!
- Thank you for your years of dedication to our company. You are amazing! Enjoy your retired days.
- Extra hours, hectic Mondays, horrible coffee and the endless countdown to the weekends. We know you’ll miss all of that but it’s time to move on to something else! Happy retirement!
- You’ll be missed! We enjoyed working with you and we thank you for everything you’ve done for us and the company. Congratulations on your retirement!
- We are very happy to see you have reached this point in your life. Now you can slow things down and enjoy some small stuff and the rest of the fruits of your labor. Congrats to you, my friend!
- There’s no bigger milestone than retirement. No more work, long weekends and no alarm clocks… Sounds like heaven to me! Say goodbye to all the boring work hours and say hello to endless weekends and fishing trips. I’m sure your wife will be pleased now that she gets to see you 24/7 hahaha. All the best wishes!
Remember to exhibit courtesy and politeness by writing retirement notes. Be it a retirement card, a retirement or thank-you note or any other written sign of your attention you need to demonstrate you are careful with logic, grammar, and vocabulary. Do not use slang words a retiree may have a problem to understand. This situation will be confusing and awkward. The same concerns a sense of humor. In case you are not sure a retiree will perceive a joke adequately, it’s better not to risk, and some ordinary retirement wording would be more suitable. You may use some ready-made notes available on the Internet, but any personal involvement may impress a retiree much more. Even using personal pronouns like ‘I’ and ‘you’ may help you to make retirement wording more penetrating.
Ask yourself several questions before you choose some appropriate quote. Would you like to emphasize how much a retiree contributed to company growth and how deeply you appreciate that person’s merits? Do you know any favorite expressions or slang words used by that guy? It would be unbelievably cute and funny if you could make your retirement notes basing on those ‘remarkable ideas’ and sounding like a speech glorifying the best achievements of a retiree.
Another factor you shall remember is not copying from one source word to word because there is a risk that someone else uses the same strategy, and it may blacken your reputation because of a lack of personal attitude, or it may even break your relationship.
Retirement wishes can be difficult to write. Wishing the person a great retirement and acknowledging their work years is the basis of a good retirement message.
Be careful with words for retirement cards. Jokes said in public may sound funny and contagious, but laughing for the company is not the same as analyzing critical, although funny remarks being alone. Some people dislike jokes concerning anything serious like becoming a pensioner. So, beware with any retirement wording you may be criticized of or you may regret later on. Quotations of famous people framed can also be viewed as good retirement gifts. Some funny notes exemplified below can be also used.
More retirement quotes for coworkers
- Have fun in your retirement! Follow these words of wisdom. ‘Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.’
- It’s exciting to know that you are leaving the workforce! I bet it’s exciting for you too.
- Now is the time to experience the part of childhood that was stolen from you by school and work!
- You always did work hard at not having to work. Now that you’re retired, you don’t have to work as hard at not working.
- Now that you are retired, you get an even tougher boss… Your wife!
- I bet your company is really glad to see you go. After that many years, your salary was probably worth two or three younger, more energetic workers.
Wish you success in making good retirement wishes. Being involved, interested and enthusiastic you may win 70 percent of a positive outcome.